Afghan Transit Trade
Mehran Movers can seamlessly handle Afghan bound shipments. Having regular services from Karachi to Afghan cities (Kabul, Kandahar, Herat, Helmand, Jalalabad &Mazar-e-Sharif), we offer hassle-free one window operations for your goods in transit to Afghanistan via Pakistan.
Our service include:
- Special FCL transportation For US Army and ISAF
- Transportation by Dry Containers
- Customs formalities at all Points of Entry and Exit
- Complete Logistic Programs (Warehousing, Documentation, Handling)
Afghanistan Transit Trade – Procedure:
The following are the routings for cargo destined to various destinations in Afghanistan via Karachi, Peshawar & Quetta:
- The nearest Sea Port for import of cargo into Afghanistan is Karachi, Pakistan.
- Pakistan is in the most advantageous position for Afghan Transit Trade (ATT) where Port of Karachi plays a major role as hinterland port and “GATEWAY” to Afghanistan.
- There is no rail network in Afghanistan and all trade is conducted by road.
- Cargo for Afghanistan in Transit via Pakistan (Karachi Port) is exempted from Customs Duty and Taxes.
- However, a special Custom Cell processes the transit documents cargo at all Karachi Ports.
- All shipments are forwarded by Road from Karachi to the Custom Posts at following location.
- Peshawar / Torkham for Cargo destined for Jalalabad / Kabul / Bagram.
- Quetta / Chamman for Cargo destined for Kandahar / Herat / Lashkargah.
Required documentation is carried out at Customs Posts, after which the cargo / container crosses the border to Afghan Customs Post at Torkham, Jalalabad, Kabul or Kandahar as the case may be.
Feel Free For Inquiry
Have a Moving Job for us? Get in touch